What does it mean to be a fresh graduate?


What does it mean to be a fresh graduate?
It means you are out of school. No longer have any semesters ahead of you. No more semester breaks and no more travelling.

For one, I was living a decent life when i was a university student. You know, not having any compulsory classes, I was able to choose and arrange all my classes to be in the afternoon.And skipping those in the morning. I had enough money from my parent and i took extra loans to make my life perfect. I had extra money at the end of the year to go for trips, with friends, overseas for conferences and activities. All without worrying too much about money.

As a fresh graduate, the first thing i had to do was to secure a room out of campus. As i was living within the campus for the complete years of my university life, I now have to look for a place to stay. So there were a few things to decide, to stay with friends or to stay with landlords. I was lucky that i got some friends together and we managed to agree to a same place to stay in. So we rented a place near the MRT and started the new life.

The next thing to worry about is the job. I almost never had a clear picture of what I want to do in the future. So i was looking around for a job. This part requires some thinking and reflection. Getting an interview was tough. For me it was like sending out 30 applications for one interview and after several interviews I landed myself a job. That happened 3 months after my graduation. Which is SCARY. When you start to think about how much time you have spent on your education and not being able to secure a job soon, you felt like you wasted all the time and effort in obtaining the certificate required.

After securing a job, it is almost done. I started to think about my loan repayment. You have to check with the banks for the updated interest rate and do some maths on how much you can afford to pay every month and how much to pay every month is wise. For me I started off paying half my salary into my study loan.

After awhile I started to realize that my life isnt going anywhere. Im spending most of my salary on loan repayment, i had no savings and will NOT have savings untill I'm done with the loan. I will THEN, suffer with house loan and other ridiculous loans.

I then came across online network marketing when i was searching about ways to make passive income. Thinking that it could be an interesting opportunity i jumped on to it. And here I am, started doing my own business and it will be a life long process, but it will bring me to financial freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment