About me

I have a job. I like it. But its not bringing me anywhere nearer to my goals and dreams in life.

Just like many others, i am among the several hundred students who have just graduated from the university. After the tertiary education, i got a job. But life is falling into a cycle, often referred to as the rat race.

You go to work, giving your entire life(almost) to work. Some work 7days a week, some 6days, luckier ones get 5 days work week. You start to earn some reasonable income. Being a fresh graduate you cant expect too much of course. You start to spend it and the remaining amount are used to pay off study loan. Then you started calculating and wondering, I will work for another 3 years without much savings, then i will be able to get off my study loan. But i got a girlfriend. I would like to build our future together, as a family. I will start to save some money after 3 years, get married. But before that i need a house you thought. So i got to save another few years to buy a house. The downpayment would take me a few years to save.

You start to realize that your life doesnt get revive after you finish your study loan. Because then you will be working to pay for your house, pay for your kids, pay for your parents, pay for a car, and before you realize it, you will be 40 if not 50. So where goes your dream? where goes your goal?

The exact same set of thinking occurs in many people and that is how people have been talking about financial freedom, generating passive income. Once you have a decent amount of passive income, you are financially free. You no longer need to exchange your time for money. You can have your time for your kids, your parent, enjoy the house you bought and of course, do things that you really passionate and care about, not for the money, but for what you love.

This is exactly what i am looking forward to. To have more time, for my parent, my future wife, my future kids, and to do what i enjoy in my life.






No comments:

Post a Comment